Monday, July 25, 2011

Tortoise With a Wheel

If this tortoise raced a hare, I think he would have an unfair advantage. What's next, a speed turbo? Poor little guy.




"Gamera, a 12-year-old, African spur-thighed tortoise, shows off his new front "leg" at Washington State University in Pullman, Wash., on Friday, July 15, 2011. Gamera had to have his leg removed after an infection set in. To aid in the tortoise's recovery, doctors at WSU’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital replaced Gamera's leg with a small swiveling ball-type caster attached to its shell with an epoxy adhesive."

9 comments:

  1. I used to have 2 turtles, one of them 3 legged. I should've known this before hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor turtle. I've been waiting for your updates dude, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel bad for the turtle, but am wondering if it ever rolls off in the wrong direction? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel bad for the tortoise, but I can help but wonder what a cyborg gamera style turtle would be like...

    ReplyDelete